20 servings... Prep time: 10 minutes... Cook time: 8 hours
- 6 qt. crock pot
- Cutting board and knife
- Fork and pair of tongs
- One 8 lb pork butt (aka pork shoulder)
- 1 3.5 oz. bottle of Wrights liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon course-ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt (Alaea)
- 1 medium head cabbage
- Place pork butt in crock pot, skin side up.
- Evenly pour 1/2 bottle of liquid smoke atop pork butt.
- Sprinkle salt, then pepper, evenly across top of pork butt.
- Set crock pot on low for 7 hours.
- 7 hours later, chop half a head of cabbage into strips (approximately the length and width of your little finger.
- Use fork and tongs (I like to use two forks instead) to shred pork well.
- Add chopped cabbage to shredded pork.
- Mix with shredded pork and cabbage in crock pot with tongs. Leave crock pot on low.
- Wait another 45 minutes for cabbage to cook and soften.